We Thrive on the Finished Product!
Our team of spray painters love a good before-after photo. Why? Because we take such great pride in the outcome of our work.
We use an industry-leading auto body paint product on all of our vehicles for 2 reasons.
- The results are undeniable: paintwork sparkling like brand new
- Environmental footprint: leading the way with waterborne paints
The Difference with Waterbase Paints
Opposed to the traditional solvent based, waterbase paints are water-based (meaning they have less impact on the environment).
Dupont has felt a sense of responsibility and created a waterborne product system that not only meets the requirements of nature, but also those of today’s refinisher.
Ready-to-use conventional paint consists of 3 main ingredients:
- Pigments which gives the paint its colour
- Binding agents which determine the properties of the paint
- Solvent which keeps the paint liquid so that it can be sprayed. Conventional base-coat has a solvent content of around 85%.
By comparison, waterborne paint consists mostly of water instead of solvent. The solvent content of a ready-to-spray waterborne paint can be reduced by approx 90%.
It goes without saying that the waterborne paint still has to satisfy all the demands made on conventional base coat, these being easy applications, simple spraying and, colour accuracy.
Five Infared Preparation Bays
A recent addition to our paint shop is the installation of five infrared preparation bays, which vastly improve our paint preparation time and quality.
Some of additional modern equipment in the paint shop includes:
- Low Bake Booths
- Dust Extracting Sanders
- Computer Paint Mixing System